You’ve been waiting, you’ve been patient, and you even got a sneak preview. To our loving followers, here it is…
CHEAT PAD THAI!!!
So what makes this traditional Thai dish a fib? Well, technically speaking, it does not use the same, or even quality, ingredients. No tamarind paste, fish sauce, sauteed veg – nothing as characteristic – goes into this dish.
But do not fear, friends. SS&S is meant to be about cutting corners to eat like the gourmands we want to be, not as much about authenticity. And I can confirm, this one’s a keeper!
Servings: 2-3 (How much Pad Thai one likes to eat is relative.)
– 1/2 box of spaghetti pasta (although any pasta/noodle should do the trick!)
– 1/2 cup of peanut butter (Both chunky and creamy works fine. In fact, chunky adds the “sprinkled peanuts” textured, which I prefer.)
– 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons of sugar
And that’s it!
- Cook the pasta according to the directions indicated on the box. Drain the pasta and place into a large bowl.
- Scoop PB into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat VERY shortly, around 10-15 seconds. This will soften the butter just enough with scorching it.
- Mix in the soy sauce and the sugar with the heated PB. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour your PB mixture over the spaghetti and thoroughly toss.
From there, there are certainly some optional garnishes: bean sprouts, eggs, tofu, chicken, onions, red pepper flakes, lime. The choice is yours; use what you’ve got!
Hope you guys enjoy this one. More to come!